Monday, August 22, 2011

I got My internship!


It was kind of a God thing that i got this internship. I was scrolling through the homepage of Facebook when I saw that a friend of mine had liked the page, "A Magical Affair." I clicked on the page and started reading about this company. Courtney Hammons is the owner of AMA and Jen Klein is her Assistant. These ladies are wonderful!! They are so friendly and funny, we laugh in the office so much! I began on Tuesday, the 11th of August, I met the girls at the office and right away we were off to meet with the hotel coordinator at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Resort. We were on our way to meet with Maureen, the coordinator, to talk with her about the 3 weddings we had coming up on that weekend. After we left Maureen we were on our way to Opryland Country Club Golf Course for a luncheon featuring a speaker from, "The Knot." Lauren spoke on Luxury Bride's however unfortunately was not able to give us any information on where Nashville ranked. On Wednesday we spent a day at the office, went to lunch together at Pie in the Sky and got a lot of paperwork done. Thursday came and we had 2 Networking events to attend. First we visited Music City Tents and Events at Cummings Station, we made an appearance, chatted with a few people, had a glass of champagne, and got our picture taken. I got to meet our makeup artist/hairstylist-Candice Conrey-she is incredible. We then headed over to Loews Vanderbilt Hotel for the Perfect Wedding Guide Mixer. There I met Liza Schneider and Jennifer Trisnar, Account Executives for PWG. I also met Erica and Christopher Rains, founder and creators of, "The Chef and I Catering." I had such a great time and got to meet some of the top dogs of the wedding industry in the south. So far its been going great, and has confirmed that this is exactly what I want to do. However its not all parties and glasses of champagne, what wedding coordinators do is tedious and hard work.