Monday, August 22, 2011

Left alone on my own...



Saturday, the 20th we had two weddings back to back as well as the receptions for both plus a rehearsal. Needless to say we had a busy day ahead of us. Jen and I took charge of sending the bride down the aisle for Jason and Katie's wedding. I lead the guests to the reception leaving Jen behind to breakdown the ceremony site. At the reception Katie's father told the story of how they fell in love over chicken wings (insinuating that they had met at Buffalo Wild Wings). They were such a cute couple and the wedding was a blast. Towards the end of the night it felt as if you were at a college party. The Bar was open, the music blaring only the top hits of today, the lights were dimmed, and everyone was on the dance floor. At one point in the night I watched as someone accidentally stepped on the front of the brides gown. It ripped the bottom ruffle of the dress so I ran to her as she started to freakout. I tied the two pieces of fabric together, took 2 bobby pins out of my hair and crisscrossed them, keeping the 2 pieces of fabric tucked under her dress. It was quite a rush trying to figure something out to keep the bride from freaking out. We try to do everything in our power to keep the bride happy no matter what the circumstances or requests made. Katie wore a beautiful white ruffled dress with a black jeweled sash. Her bouquet so far is the prettiest arrangement I have seen yet, made with white and light pink roses that were in full bloom. All in all everything went wonderfully, I survived handling the reception by myself after only 5 days on the job. The bride was happy and so were we.