Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Heath and Jackie's Extravaganza







This wedding was so sweet and so much fun! I was in charge of staying with the Bride all day long, keeping her and her wedding party on schedul, making sure they showed up on time, and attending to her every need. Jackie was such a great Bride to work with and Heath was such a funny guy. 15 minutes before it was time to go down the aisle I found myself curling, teasing, and hairspraying Jackie's hair; re-tying the back of her corset, steaming the bottom of her dress, and even ended up in the bathroom with the Mother of the Bride to assist them in holding up Jackie's dress to use the restroom. Jackie's bridal suite was located in the Cascade's side of Opryland Hotel. We do not do a lot of weddings on that side of the hotel so I was not very familiar with it. When it was time to walk the Bridal party-composed of 12 people-down to the ceremony site, I lead them to the elevator but got very turned around as to what floor we were suppose to get off at. We got off on the wrong floor 2 different times and ended up going right when we should have gone left. It was very frustrating, especially when you have 2 elevator loads full of people. I could see that the father of the Bride was getting frustrated. I started to freak out inside and honestly had no idea where I was going. However, I managed to stay calm and finally found a way out of the maze of hallways, only, we were on the very opposite side of the hotel when we got out. After crossing what seemed like miles of the hotel we arrived at the ceremony cite fashionably late, only to find out that they were not ready to begin the ceremony anyway. So although we were late, due to my lack of knowledge of that side of the hotel, it didn't matter. However, I may not be so lucky next time.....

A little over 200 guests arrived to watch Heath and Jackie get married at a beautiful Black and White evening ceremony; at the Delta Pavilion. Their reception was located in the Delta D Convention Room. The couple made their grand entrance into what I would call one of the most beautiful and grand receptions I've seen thus far. The amount of power/amps they used-to power up their band-was enough to power a small concert. The couple was announced into the room and went straight into their first dance-"Make you Feel my Love," by Adele. Their holographic Monogram was shining on the wall and dance floor but the real spotlight was on the couple's 5 tier-4 foot tall wedding cake. This was truly a Magical affair.