Thursday, March 1, 2012

"Cottage Chic" My new Place















































In a few months my lease on my house will be up and I will be making the big move from Murfreesboro to Nashville, TN. It isn't a far move but a very necessary/exciting one. I CAN'T WAIT!!! I am moving into a house with my best friend and 3 of her friends; all of whom I've known for years.  This whole bedroom design started when I got the opportunity to keep my best friends cast iron bed and antique dresser.  She is going to be traveling for the next year with her new job and is allowing me to store the bed for her while she is gone.  This will save her money by not having to rent out a storage unit and will save me some money; not having to find a bed or dresser for another year.  It is a brownish/bronze cast iron bed, beautifully detailed and designed.  The dresser is short with a very large mirror on top of it, it is a creme/egg shell color, with gold handles. I want my new bedroom to be comfy and welcoming for myself and any guests... ;) I want a fluffy textured white duvet comforter/an oatmeal colored woven throw on the end of the bed//Brownish Faux fur pillows behind the Large White Pillows/Burlap curtains hanging from a black cast iron curtain rod/a distressed light mint green Vanity/an old door painted and distressed a darker mint green to go above my bed horizontally/cast iron lanterns and light fixtures/my distressed antique vanilla colored dresser/beautiful antique mirrors/a large trunk at the end of my bed/mason jars of light pink flowers to give another pop of color/and brown woven baskets for storage and decoration. I guess I would call this theme or idea, "Cottage Chic," or "Country Air." These pictures will give you an idea of the look I am going for. Hope you enjoy my design. :)